AUSTIN & ASHLEY MYERS
Austin and Ashley have a heart for people to encounter Jesus and be transformed by his love. They met at Southeastern University in Lakeland, FL in 2008, were married in 2010, and welcomed their daughter, Arya, into their family in 2015.
Our mission is to reach people for Jesus and inspire them to live a life fully devoted to Jesus.
We pursue our mission through our vision which is for you to find your:
To be welcomed as family where you can belong before you believe.
To know your hope is in a person. Jesus.
To find freedom for your life spiritually, physically, emotionally, and financially in Jesus.
To discover your God given purpose in life so that you can make a difference with it.
Our vision is defined by who we are.
The Bible, and only the Bible, is the authoritative Word of God. It alone is the final authority in determining all doctrinal truths. In its original writing, it is inspired, infallible and inerrant.
(Exodus 24:4; Isaiah 34:16, 40:8; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Proverbs 30:5; Romans 16:25-26)
There is one living and true God. The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.
- GOD THE FATHER | God as Father reigns with providential care over His universe, Hi creatures, and the flow of the stream of human history according to the purposes of His grace. He is all powerful, all knowing, all loving, and all wise. God is Father in truth to those who become children of God through faith in Jesus Christ. He is fatherly in His attitude toward all men. (Exodus 3:14; Numbers 23:19; Leviticus 11:44-45; 19:2; Psalm 11:4-6; Malachi 3:6; John 3:16; 4:24; 5:26; 14:1; Acts 17:28; Romans 3:3-4)
- GOD THE SON | Jesus Christ is God the Son, the second person of the Trinity. On earth, Jesus was 100% God and 100% man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died on the cross for mankind and thus, atoned for our sins through the shedding of His blood. He rose from the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return again in power and glory. Jesus is the only plan for salvation. (Genesis 18:1ff; Isaiah 7:14; John 1:1-18, 14:7-11, 20:1-20, 28; Romans 1:3-4, 8:1-3; Colossians 1:13-22, 2:9; 1 Timothy 2:5-6, 3:16; Philippians 2:5-6)
- GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT | The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine. He inspired holy men of old to write the Scriptures. Through illumination, He enables men to understand truth. He exalts Christ. He convicts men of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. He calls men to the Savior, and effects regeneration. At the moment of regeneration, He baptizes every believer into the Body of Christ. He cultivates Christian character, comforts believers, and bestows the spiritual gifts by which they serve God through His church. he seals the believer unto the day of final redemption. His presence in the Christian is the guarantee that God will bring the believer into the fullness of the stature of Christ. He enlightens and empowers the believer and the church in worship, evangelism, and service. (Genesis 1:2; Psalms 51:11; Isaiah 61:1-3; Joel 2:28-32; Mark 1:10; Lk 1:35, 4:1, 11:13; 12:12; John 15:26; 16:7-14; Acts 1:8, 2:1-4; 13:2; Romans 8:9-11, 14-16, 26-27; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Ephesians 1:13- 14; 2 Peter 1:21; Revelation 22:17)
We believe that all people were created in the image of God to have fellowship with him but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
(Genesis 1:26-30, 2:18-22, 9:6; Isaiah 6:5; Matthew 16:26; Acts 17:26-31; Romans 1:19-32, 3:10-18, 5:6, 6:6, 7:14-25, 8:14-18; Ephesians 2:1-22; Colossians 1:21-22, 3:9-11)
- JUSTIFICATION | Justification is God’s gracious and full deliverance of all sinners who repent and believe in Christ. Justification restores the believer into a relationship with God.
- SANCTIFICATION | Sanctification is the ongoing process of yielding to God’s Word and His Spirit in order to complete the development of Christ’s character in us. It is through the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God that the Christian is enabled to progress toward moral and spiritual maturity.
- GLORIFICATION | Glorification is the final work of salvation and is the blessed and abiding state of the redeemed. (Genesis 3:15; Exodus 3:14-17; Acts 16:31, 2:21, 3:19; Romans 1:16-18, 8:1-18, 10:9-10; 2 Corinthians 5:17-20; Galatians 2:20, 3:13, 5:22-25; Ephesians 1:7, 2:8-22; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24; Titus 2:11-14; Hebrews 2:1-3, 9:24-28; James 2:14-26; 1 Peter 1:2-23; Revelation 3:20, 21:1-22:5)